30 Jun Job Vacancy: Media Producer at the Bible Reading Fellowship
The Bible Reading Fellowship is looking for a full-time Media Producer to join their team. Read the job specification below and apply directly or share with someone you know who might be interesting in a fascinating role.
Job Description | Media Producer
The Bible Reading Fellowship (BRF) is passionate about making a difference through the Christian faith. We want to see lives and communities transformed through our creative programmes and resources for individuals, churches and schools.
Main purpose: To generate material which will bring the work of BRF alive through digital media, with a particular focus on BRF’s newest programme Parenting for Faith. Our vision for Parenting for Faith is to encourage, support, equip and inspire parents in discipling their children to flourish in their own relationship with God. The successful candidate will also go on to resource other BRF websites, reinforcing our messaging and widening BRF’s digital reach across its various constituencies using a variety of platforms.
Reporting to: Web & Digital Manager
Location: BRF office, Abingdon. Must be able to travel to various locations across the UK in order to film/record.
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: From £22,000 depending on experience – graduate applications welcome
- To produce, acquire and edit video and audio material for Parenting for Faith and other BRF programmes for web and social media, with a keen awareness of editorial and other factors that affect production values
- To create concepts and scripts for videos that tell stories and illustrate BRF’s work
- To create portraiture and photography of BRF’s programmes in action
- To use social media and websites to increase BRF’s overall reach
- To maintain an awareness of trends in social media – both technically and editorially
- Experience of producing creative materials (film, animation or graphics)
- Experience of script writing and editing
- Technical expertise in industry standard tools (camera, sound, lighting, edit systems and formats)
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use creative media to grow social media and digital channels
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders to achieve the best result
- Ability to work undirected at times and to use initiative to get the best results out of tricky situations
- Full UK driving licence
- Strong commitment to the aims of the organisation
- Knowledge of copyright with regard to use of graphics, music, etc. in video production
- Experience of the advantages and limitations of various types of cameras, microphones, codecs and compression formats appropriate to a variety of filming situations
- Experience of filming with smartphones and tablets, and awareness of the associated advantages and limitations
- Awareness and experience of the advantages that professional edit systems have over public domain editing software
- Tact and diplomacy when liaising with event organisers when requesting permission to film
- Experience of working with a web Content Management System (CMS) e.g. Drupal, WordPress
There is an occupational requirement that the role be held by a Christian, as defined by the Equality Act 2010.
To apply, send your CV, a covering letter and a 3–5 minute showreel to email@example.com.
Closing date: Midday Friday 7 July. Interviews will be held in the week commencing 17 July.