08 May Freelance Writer/Editor Vacancy with The MediaNet
Job Position: Writer/Editor – Freelance – 1 day a month
About the MediaNet
The MediaNet is the public brand of the Church and Media Network, a non-denominational Christian charity passionate about the role of faith and media in society.
- To see Christians working in the media flourish and become more influential
- To see churches engaging positively with the media
- To see the life-affirming Gospel message of faith, hope and love increasingly reflected in the UK media content
To support, encourage and inspire Christians working in, and with, the media
- To write one short editorial a month for the blog to include comment pieces on news, current events and the media industry from a faith and media perspective.
- To compile the monthly newsletter to include relevant, and interesting, content such as posts from our own blog, relevant faith and media articles, other podcasts and shows
- To pay close attention to key faith and media influencers on social media.
- To write an introductory commentary reflecting the ‘voice’ of the MediaNet.
- To contribute to the monthly podcast (1 hour a month)
- To assist the MediaNet Producer in sourcing new voices for guests posts for the blog
- To pitch comment pieces to other magazines and blogs on behalf of the MediaNet concerning issues related to the MediaNet’s mission purpose
The job holder will be accountable to the MediaNet Producer
- You will be an excellent writer, with a preferred background in journalism, with an admirable understanding of faith and media related issues
- You will be a Christian who is enthusiastic and self-driven.
- You will be an outstanding communicator and motivator, who can engage with people at all levels, including leading media influencers, church leaders and communication officers.
- You will be keen to use your journalism skills, and experience, to help the charity be a major voice on faith and media issues
- You would be someone who is used to working as a freelance, able to meet deadlines and handle multiple task
Email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th May. Phone interviews will be scheduled for the week beginning 29th May.